Friday, February 28, 2014

El Ro-I

Oh wow…so in the book that I have been reading "Knowing God by Name" by Mary A. Kassian, this week is about the intimacy of God.

This morning we went over the name El Ro-I, which means "God sees me"

It was just so perfect because God showed me something very similar at Passion.

In the book, it talks about Hagar in the bible in the book of Genesis 16.  Sarai told Hagar to sleep with Abram so that Sarai could have a son through Hagar, because Sarai was barren.  Yet, when Hagar got pregnant, Sarai got jealous.  Hagar so tired of the jealousy ran away and ran through the desert.  She was tired and thirsty in the desert and God found mercy on her and provided water out of a rock.  This is when Hagar calls God El Ro-I, she later named her son Ishmael, which means "God hears" (Kassain).

When I was at passion, God reveled to me a similar principle.  As I was worshiping God showed me a picture of myself praying to Him kneeling by my bedside when I was younger.  He was showing me that He saw me then.  Then, I began to recall all the prayers I prayed when I was hurting and calling out to God.  He showed me that He was saw me then too.  He saw me every time. He was there every time.

God saw me every time I was hurting, and so I got this overwhelming feeling that those times were not wasted.  God saw me, He saw my hurt, and He saw my pain, therefore they were never wasted.

Then the verse,  "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" Romans 8:28  

God sees us, that is why all things work together for the good, because God sees us and He knows us and therefore He loves us so He works everything to come to our good.

In fact the verse before it says "And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God." Romans 8:27

Our bad times were never wasted.  Oh what joy this brings me.  I cry every time I think about it.  The God of the universe knows my name, he knows the hairs on my head (Kassain).

He knows my whole heart, the good the bad and the ugly, and yet He loves me the same.  

Lord, How grateful are we.

Take a moment to dwell on the next few verses:

Romans 8 continues to say: "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:37-39)

"She named the Lord who spoke to her: The God Who Sees, for she said "For have I really seen here the One who sees me?"That is why she named the spring, "A Well of the Living One Who Sees Me." Genesis 16:13-14

"He who planted an ear, does He not hear? He who formed an eye, does He not see?" Psalm 94:9

"The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him" 2 Chronicles 16:9

You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand
    when I awake, I am still with you. Pslam 139: 1-18 


No comments:

Post a Comment