Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dear Lilies

Dear my precious lilies,

Why do you toil and spin?
And gawk at the mess your in?
Are you not beautifully clothed in all of Solomon's splendor?

Why do you ask for the future, when I have given you so much to do today?
Rest in me, anchor in my bay.

I knit your heart
and was with you from the start.

I know each of you needs before you even question.
Rest in me, I am your provision.

I send sunshine, when I want you to shine
and I send rain when I need you to grow
I give you fruit to show that your mine
and I leave you bare when I need you to sow.

So, rest in me, my darling
rest in my sweet daughter
for I am the one who holds you heart.

I send hummingbirds of encouragement your way
so you can hear what loving words I say

You are altogether beautiful 
so shine on, shine on


My beloved, why do you go to world?
Why do you run and hurry?
Why do you spread yourself out to thin?
For my love will remain, you don't have to hurry.

So, I leave you with one question. 
Am I not enough?
Do I not satisfy?
For you, I have done everything, I have even died.

Love,
Abba 


No comments:

Post a Comment