Saturday, February 22, 2014

I Am Tired of Poor Eyesight

So, today I am going to be honest with you.  God hasn't exactly told me what He wants me to do with my life.  He hasn't because He wants me to trust Him.  He wants me to trust that His ways and higher than my ways and His thoughts higher than my thoughts.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

In a sense though, this breeds jealousy.  I have started to comparing my aspirations to the aspirations of others or my calling to theirs and I am jealous.  Yuck, I can't even believe that that statement was from my heart.

I want an amazing God-breathed story.  I want a calling that is divine and perfect for me.  Yet, I don't know why I don't trust God and understand that I'm not going to be disappointed when He gives it to me.

God formed me and made me in my womb.  He had designed me and given me gifts so that I can live a life of his calling.  He has ignited my heart with passions that will help drive me in my callings.  So why would I be dissapointed?

The only reason I would be disappointed is if I had the wrong goals.  It would be if I had the wrong dreams, the wrong vision.

God has made it clear to me that He will not reveal what I supposed to do with my life, until He gives me new sight.  How can I see his plan or see the future with poor eyesight?


So, daily He is removing the dust in my eye and I am sad to say it hurts.

Daily, He is showing me that I am expecting the world to satisfy my heart in areas that only He can satisfy me.

Daily, He is showing me how narrow my vision is, and how insanely I am focused on today, when He wants me focused on tomorrow.

My new eyes will come only from a daily surrender so that the Lord can do Lasik on me.

I have poor eyesight physically not just spiritually.  I have to wear contacts or glasses everyday.  Sometimes they hurt really really bad, because my natural eyes doesn't want pieces of plastic on them, even if they allow me to see better.

Lasik hurts even worse, as so I am told, but later it proves to be a huge blessing.

Isn't that the same thing that happens when God corrects our vision.  Our old self hurts and rejects the new, even though God is giving us new vision that will help us.

So, if you are anything like me and you want to have guidance for the future, maybe God wants to give you new sight first.

Let's fight the pain together, for if God is God, then His vision will be truly worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment