Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lord, I Need You

So, It's the beginning of the week and I just wanted to encourage all y'all out there.

I'm not going to lie and say that last week was wonderful.  It was really hard for me.  Although I'm glad to be back at college, because I love my friends and my classes.  I have been a little overwhelmed.

I have been concentrating on the storms of this life and worrying about how I'm going to get it all done.  Yet, God showed me something today.

One of my favorite bible stories is the story when Peter walks on water.

But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
“Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.  But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down.  Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God. 
Matthew 14:27-33


I realized that I have been stressed out because I have been counting the waves rather than directing my gaze to God.  

I have been so consumed by the things that I had to do, and so depressed by the fact that it seems like there is just NO WAY that I could get ALL of this done.  

Yet in this story,  God makes the IMPOSSIBLE, POSSIBLE!!!  

Peter walks on water.  Say What?

So I say all of this to say that you may be overwhelmed, but that could be choosing to focus on the circumstances instead of God.  For the God that holds your heart is the very same God who spoke the earth into existence.  I think we often forget that from his mouth He breathed life into Adams lungs and from his mouth He declared His creation good.  God can allow you to walk on water this week.  

That being said.   Some of you may be sinking in the waves of circumstance, being swallowed by you worry and fears.  Yet there is a God who is ever-present to save you.  

As humans, we often think that asking for others help makes us weak.  Yet if we have a God who can save.  We are stupid to not ask him for help.

Lord, I need you is our battle cry   It is our victory stance.  For we have a God that is ever-present that can lift us up out of the wallows of our doubt, insecurity, fears, and anxiety. 

So this week, let us not be afraid to look up and call upon the God who is mighty to save.  

For this week, I honestly need God.  Every hour I need Him.  

So lets choose to look to Him when the waves and winds are howling, and look to Him, so that we can walk on water.  

No comments:

Post a Comment