Saturday, December 27, 2014

There is no such thing as a good gift at a bad time!

Well, with the Christmas presents unrapped, gifts have been on my mind!! 

What makes a gift a good gift? Well that it came at a good time!! I came home from the fall semester with these boots that were falling a part and to get new boots is so nice because they couldn't have come at a more perfect time!!

Also, when I was wanting to learn how to play the guitar I asked for a guitar for Christmas. My parents didn't get me a guitar because it wasn't the right time. They wanted me to learn on a borrowed guitar and if I really liked it then I could get a guitar of my own. So now I have a really nice guitar and I love it because I bought it myself and I'm so glad that I didn't get a guitar when I asked for it.

Last night, we had Christmas with my mom's side of the family. Now something you have to know about my families Christmas is opening presents is a long ordeal. We each have a stack of all our presents and each take a turn opening one present. The youngest opens a gift first then all the way around to the oldest!! It takes a while but it's tradition and we wouldn't have it any other way!!

 Somewhere through the evening my mom opened up the most gorgeous pearls! They were stunning, and I was truly happy about the gift for her!! 

But If you know me, you know that pearls would be a great addition to my jewelry box!! I love pearls!! 

Then, my grandpa Jim comes over to me and says patientce is a virtue. 

Next, my aunt Lara opens up a box and it has the same pearls in it!! Again, my grandpa says  Patience  is a virtue!!

Then, my aunt Gabby later in the night opens up her box of pearls!! Again in which my grandpa says Patience  is a virtue!!!

Finally, I had saved my present for last but i couldn't help it and opened it early!! I opened up my box of my pearls!! I couldn't have opened them at a better time!! Patience paid off. The anticipation and then the joy that came when my expectation was met and I finally opened my own pearls!!


Recently I've had a few heartbreaks and I asked God why. Why hasn't  the right guy come along. One who will take care of me and love me for who I am. 

God reminded me of the pearls. So maybe my pearl necklace (my guy) is
under the tree and waiting to be unrapped. I just need to be patient to unwrap it at the proper time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment