Friday, December 5, 2014

Kenady's thoughts on love: God protects your heart

If you know me, you know that I love love. Not falling in love but I love watching it from the outside. I love looking on Facebook and see a new engagement or post that tells the world how awesome their significant other is. I love it!!! 

I'm kinda suprised/proud of myself that this is my first post about love.

However, I just had an interesting thought. 

Girls, remember in high school when you would ask your girlfriends, why does he not like me? 

Or why hasn't anyone found me attractive? Or why hasn't anyone asked me out!! Those are the questions that plague our childhood!! 

Why? Why? 

Girls, my question to you is have you ever thought that that was Gods fault?

Maybe He is trying to protect you? Maybe He wants to teach you something?

I'm so so glad I didn't date in high school. It saved me from so so much heartbreak, yet in high school I wasn't so happy about it.  I was hurt and confused. My parents would tell me, oh they are just intimidated by you or man you are such a catch and are so beautiful. They got me but I couldn't figure out why no one else did!!

Maybe God hid my beauty from them. God knew I wasn't ready, or tried to save me from heartbreak!! 

So, whenever you are wondering about anything, maybe it's because it's God.

God isn't just a clockmaker who sits back and watches his clock tick. 

God is on the journey with us and had his fingerprint in everything that happens to us.

Sometimes things arnt revealed to us for our protection.

My roommates wish that at the begginning of your life you were given a necklace that lights up when you meet your future husband.

Personally I think that ruins the fun. But hey maybe it would be nice!! 

We wouldn't have to trust God to protect us. We wouldn't have to trust God period.

Also, if you necklace lit up to someone in 8th grade it would be really hard to stay pure until it was an appropriate time to get married. Wouldn't it?? 

So the point is maybe a guy hasn't asked you out because he is protecting you. Maybe you don't know if the one you are dating is the one yet, because he is protecting you.

I love you all and I hope this makes you rejoice in how God is a great protector:) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment