Saturday, March 15, 2014

Broken Hallelujah

So, I am going to be honest.  Life has been hard lately. I am taking 19 hours in school and I work 3 hours a week.  I am also very involved in my sorority.  Yet, I am a social butterfly, so I try to keep up with all my friends and be apart of the social scene in my school.  

So, life is stressful…that is probably why I have so many posts about fear, anxiety, stress and worries because God has been teaching me a lot specifically in that area, because I need it. 

Well, in the previous post, I told you that I have been reading the book, "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day" by Mark Batterson.  Well, He said something that is very profound and it inspired this post.  

He said, "Worship is forgetting what's wrong with you and remembering what's right with God"(Batterson).  


Wow… I believe that is so true.  A lot of the time I focus on my stress and how I can remove it.  I focus on what I need to get done, or maybe what I need to cut out of my life to make it less stressful.  Instead, I should focus on how great God is and how blessed I am to be surrounded by so many great people and opportunities.  

I find it a lot more enjoyable when I choose to enjoy my busy life rather being stressed about my busy life.  

So…I don't know about you but I am tired of complaining. 

"Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people" Philippians 2: 14-15

I want to shine like bright lights, some translations say like stars in the sky. I want to shine, but that requires praising rather than complaining.  

I think that means we have to praise the Lord, even when time gets tough.  We have to focus on how great God is instead of how messed up we are, like David did. David was pursued by Saul, and he had to flee and live a life on the run even though God promised him that one day would be king.  While, many of David's songs were outcries of his sorrow and sadness they always end with a look to God and who He is. 
Psalm 55
Listen to my prayer, O God,
do not ignore my plea;
2hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught
3because of what my enemy is saying,
because of the threats of the wicked;
for they bring down suffering on me
and assail me in their anger.
4My heart is in anguish within me;
the terrors of death have fallen on me.
5Fear and trembling have beset me;
horror has overwhelmed me.
6I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest.
7I would flee far away
and stay in the desert;c
8I would hurry to my place of shelter,
far from the tempest and storm.”...
12If an enemy were insulting me,
I could endure it;
if a foe were rising against me,
I could hide.
13But it is you, a man like myself,
my companion, my close friend,
14with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship
at the house of God,
as we walked about
among the worshipers...
16As for me, I call to God,
and the Lord saves me.
17Evening, morning and noon
I cry out in distress,
and he hears my voice.
18He rescues me unharmed
from the battle waged against me,
even though many oppose me.
19God, who is enthroned from of old,
who does not change—
he will hear them and humble them,
because they have no fear of God...
22Cast your cares on the Lord
and he will sustain you;
he will never let
the righteous be shaken.
23But you, God, will bring down the wicked
into the pit of decay;
the bloodthirsty and deceitful
will not live out half their days.
But as for me, I trust in you.

So right now.  Let us choose to worship God.  Let us choose to focus on how amazing He is.  

He is just. 
He is mighty.
He is as fierce as lion, but as gentle as a lamb.
He is compassionate.
He is faithful. He will never leave us and forsake us.
He loves us enough to sacrifice His only son.
God gives us grace, when we don't deserve it.
God gives us mercy, so that we don't have to endure what we do deserve.
God pursues us and never gives up on us.
God created us in His image.
He is the living water.
He is healer. 
He is patient, oh so patient with stubborn Kenady.
He is a loving father.
He is a loving husband.
He is a loving friend.
He holds me. 
He is the song in my heart.
He is everything good. 
He is everything lovely.
He is everything joyful.
His love will always remain.


His love will never fail.
His love will never retreat, never surrender.
His love can move mountains.
His power can create in one breath. 
His name is above all names.
In His name is every victory.

So, through this season, let us choose to trust in His unstoppable power, unimaginable goodness, and His never failing love.


No comments:

Post a Comment