Saturday, May 3, 2014

What a good day!!

You know you have those days….when you realize just how blessed you are.  You remember what the Lord has done and what the Lord is doing.  You realize just how wonderful He is, and just how amazing He is creating you to be.  You are filled with joy as you realize that God has given you so much potential to do great things.  The future doesn’t seem so scary…no not scary at all.  It is filled with many great possibilities.  Those possibilities that normally seem scary and impossible, today feel like the easiest barriers. 

Thursday is one of those days for me. 

To be honest, this season has been rough.  God is teaching me a lot of things.  I wouldn’t change that at all, but it’s just been hard.  God has been exposing a lot of things in my heart, and putting me in challenging situations that are very testing.   So, that being said this season has been really rough.  It’s been one of the toughest seasons in my life with God.  Yet, I know it will be one of the most rewarding. 

But lately, He has been nurturing my soul.  Showing me that things are on the way up, and that he is going to start revealing things to me again.

I think God gives us days like these to remind us that even in the storm He shows up that when we feel like we are all alone…we aren’t. 

So, today let us take some time to remind ourselves of all things God has done and is doing in our life.  To give us hope in this season.  Even when we are in good seasons we still need to be reminded of God’s love.  

I have a prayer box and anytime God answers a prayer or something amazing happens I put it in the jar, and every once in a while I open it up and see what is in it.

One time I was freaking out about a test that I had really no time to study for in my hardest class.  In that class, I usually got B’s and low A’s on the test, when I studied for hours, so I was really nervous.  Well, God blessed me with time to study and I got a 101!!! Which was insane!!

I need to remember this anytime I’m stressed out about school.

I think a lot of times, it’s not that we aren’t blessed, It’s just that we don’t remember how blessed we are.  So take sometime today and reflect on what God has done.

The Israelites had a major problem of spiritual forgetfulness.  They saw the plagues and the Red Sea split in two and they were worried about there being giants in the promise land.   God had already proved himself time and time again, but they had forgotten. 


So, let us not be like the Israelites.  Let us go out and be bold and acknowledge all that God has done for usJ

No comments:

Post a Comment