Friday, May 16, 2014

It's Complicated!!!

If you know me, I tend to make things a whole lot more complicated than they need to be.

I'm the kid in math class that ttys to understand how each equation is derived. When the problem is complicated, it is more simple to me.

The reason why I hate history is that you either know it or you don't.  I was the kid that picked A an then later picked C and then went back to A and then was like you know what, I think it's B.  It was always A.  Always pick your first choice….lol

Anyways, I think about this principle when I start explaining how boys work to girls.   I always have to explain that men are simple, and that's why we think they are so complicated.  For we ask ourselves, "Why are they so simple?" This confuses us girls and leaves us constantly over thinking the men in our lives.

Yet, I realized I do this with God.  I over think Him.  His love is simple. His call is simple.  Yet, because it's so simple, it confuses me and so I try to make it more complicated because it can't be this simple right??

I run around trying to follow the rules, trying to please Him.  I try to answer all His questions.  I try to check all my items off the list.  I do and I do.

Yet, God doesn't want that.  His call is simple.  He says: All I want, is that you love me, and that you rest in me a little longer.

The pharisees in the bible missed it.  They checked off all the items on their list.  Modern day equivalent is: They had their quiet time everyday, they memorized scripture, and they went to church on wednesday, and even didn't watch R rated movies.

Yet, why did Jesus curse them?

Because THEY MISSED IT!! They were over thinking the problem.

Christianity is not Astrophysics,  it's simple.

God asks: "Do you love me?, Then feed my sheep"

God wants You….it's just that simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment