Wednesday, November 19, 2014

You just don't get it..Do you?

It was a rainy afternoon and a girl and a guy were hanging out.  The girl was overwhelmed with homework and studies and the guy offered to help her.  They were in the middle of a long project and she says "I'm so sorry…this is gonna take longer than I thought..I'm so sorry."

He replies, "You just don't get it..Do you?"

She answers, "No, what don't I get?"

He answers, "I want to help you, no matter how long it takes."

I told this story to my best friend Grace and how we were talking about how romantic it is and how she hopes that a guy will treat her like that someday.  Grace realized that this is a beautiful picture of how God loves us.

We sit and say "I'm so sorry, fixing my heart is going to take a whole lot longer than I thought!!"

God says, "You just don't get it..do you?"

We say, "Get what?"

God says, "I will help you, no matter how long it takes."

God is a big man who is patient, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.  I just start crying when I think about how full of grace God is.  He loves us and he cherishes us and wants us to know that there is no heart too complicated, or to broken for Him to fix.

He wants to love us through every season, and every problem.

Hope that encourages you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment