Friday, June 13, 2014

5 ways to ignite your passion for the Lord

Sometimes there are seasons where we are going to church, and church camps and bible studies. Yet we are dry…so dry.  We are bored.

One your not alone.  We all go through places where feelings are dry, yet you don't have to stay that way.

Here are 5 ways to revamp your passion for the Lord.

1. Recognize that feelings are not everything.

During dry spells, it is easy for us to think that since we feel like God is so far away, that He is actually far away.

That is a lie for God says that He will NEVER leave us or forsake us.  His love NEVER fails.

Feelings are always real, but they aren't always truth.  You may feel separated from God, but that is not the truth, you are not separated from the Lord.

2. Remind yourself of the gospel.

The gospel is not just a tool to get people saved and quite frankly I'm annoyed that I've viewed it that way in the past.

The gospel is the only thing that changes us and sanctifies us.   The Christian life is simply a quest to understand the gospel more and more each day.   Seeing it in different lights and seeing it from different perspectives.

So, today dwell on what God did for you.  How the father had to look away as His Son took upon the sins of the world, and died a horrific death on the cross.  The fact that He did this for us, so that we could spend eternity with Him.  The fact that He rose from the dead.  We often forget that He didn't just die for us but He rose again miraculously so that He could be with us.

Take time to remind yourself of what He did for you, and what He is still doing for you.

3. Remind yourself of Who Christ is.

Take 5 min, just 5 min of everyday and recite characteristics of God, back to God.  If you need ideas for attributes, check out the blog post called Broken Hallelujah.

Tell Him that He is just, kind, loving, merciful.  Just reflect on His character and How lovely it is.

4. Worship Him.

I'm talking in your room by yourself.  Turn on your favorite song and spend some intimate moments, that are just you and the Lord.  I think of worship as a dance.  So, sometimes I just dance with the Lord.  I do this when I'm home alone and I can enjoy my date with the Lord.  I dance with Him.  I dance for Him.  I sing to him and I sit and rest in His presence.  It is wonderful.

If you need some great songs check out the album, You Make Me Brave by Bethel, or the Passion 2014 album, both albums put me in a spirit of worship.

5. Spend time with other believers talking about who God is and what God is doing in your lives


Yes, we go to church and bible studies.  But why don't we find one or maybe two other people that are the same gender and take them out to coffee and just share what God is doing in our lives.  There is nothing more exciting than hearing from others what the hand of God is doing in their lives.

So, now you have 5 ways to reignite your passion for the Lord.  Just know we all go through dry seasons that what makes the rainy seasons so special.  Yet, I love to have passion for my Lord, so I hope these help and if you have anymore ways, feel free to comment:)

I love you, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment