Saturday, February 14, 2015

Being single on Valentines day isn't a bad thing!!

I have never had a boyfriend on Valentines day.  I've never gotten a bear and chocolates or a dozen roses on Valentines day.  You know what?  I'm totally okay with that.

I'm aware that I'm single but why is that a bad thing?  I actually like being single, most of the time:/  Now, don't get me wrong, if a prince charming walked through the door, I'd definitely get excited.  But who says that when you single, you can't enjoy valentines day.

I love love.   I love watching women get showered and cherished on valentines day.  I'm not going to lie,  I still sometimes feel that twinge of sadness, and ask when it's going to be my turn?  Yet, I realize that this day is beautiful when you have someone special to share it with.  Maybe that someone special is your best friend, or you daddy, or your boyfriend.  But other than that, It's a day for couples and I know it's made up, but I still love it.  

Marriage was designed to be a reflection of God's love for us.  So, valentines day we get to see such a small picture of God's love for us.  Your boyfriend may get you roses, but God made roses for us.   You may get taken out on a special date, but God longs to spend time with you every day and is with you every moment.  You might get some chocolates,  but God has given you a world that is full of beautiful, tasty, and wonderful things.  

It's okay to want romance.  It's okay if your a little sad to be single today, but let's not stop in sadness but let us rejoice that we get to cheer on couples from the sidelines and rejoice that they have a special someone, because one day we might be in the game, and we will want people to be happy for us, not whining about how their single on valentines day.  Am I right?

So, in whatever, phase of life your in single, dating, engaged, or married, let God's heavenly romance touch you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment