Monday, October 27, 2014

A Glimpse into Heaven: "Kenady, just wait!!!"

As I talked about in the previous blog, the most important fact about you is how you view God.  So, the next few weeks I'm going to talk about who God is.  I know, I know it seems like we learned this in sunday school.  Yet, I can guess that we have many wrong perceptions of God, even if we spent our whole life in church.

So, I'll keep this short and to the point.  God loves you and loves to give you gifts.

This past week, God has blessed me in many ways.  I really wanted to be in this thing called the music business showcase, and I thought I didn't get into it.  I was kinda frustrated and sad, because I had worked really hard to get in.  Yet, a couple days later I found out that I got in!!! That being said I can just imagine God up in heaven, when I was sad, going "Oh Kenady, just wait!! Just wait till you find out!"

My best friend Grace has this really adorable flannel and her mom bought one for her best friend to give to her at christmas.  One day, Grace's friend complimented on the flannel and told her how cute it was.  Grace in her mind at that point was saying, "Oh, just wait!!! Just wait till you open your presents."

When I imagine God sitting in heaven excited to bless me that is much different than the picture that Satan puts in my head which is God sitting in heaven waiting to punish me.


Yet, when I see God like this, it's kinda easier to be patient.  It's easier to wait, when you trust God is going to bring you something that is beyond your imagination in the future, and that he just can't wait to give it to you.

Last story and then we are through,   I've been looking for a good friend for a long time.  One that could be my bridesmaid and one who I could be myself without being ashamed.  There was many days where I thought I'd never find one and there were many friends that I thought I'd found, but they weren't what I was looking for. And I know God was like "Kenady, just wait!! You're going to meet her in college and her name is Grace.   Kenady Just wait!! You're going to love her!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment